Sunday, December 19, 2021

Remote Learning - Week of December 20, 2021

Good Evening PreK-3 Families,


Everyone should have received Mr Dunnigan's Alert earlier this evening regarding School Closure for 12/20 and 12/23 and Remote Instruction for 12/21 and 12/22.  If you did not receive the alert please notify me as well as the main office as soon as possible.

Mr. Dunnigan is NOT aware of any Positive Covid cases in our PreK-3 class as of right now so it is safe to assume that your child is NOT a direct contact of any positive cases from our class.  

We are so disappointed to have to do this but sadly it is in everyone's best interest to keep as many of our students healthy and safe from this awful disease as possible.  

Since we only had two days of school (regular 3 day PreK-3 with me) scheduled for this week, we are really only losing Monday as a school day.  Wednesday will be a virtual day.  Virtual PreK-3 is completely optional as I know screen time can be a challenge with older students learning from home as well as parents working from home.  

What we will do is a hybrid approach to virtual learning.  I will leave materials out for you to pick up after 9:00am at school tomorrow.  I will have two gray bins labeled PreK-3 outside the Learning Center doors.  In the bins, you will find a paper bag labeled with your child's name.  In each bag will be the materials your child needs for Wednesday as well as a little Christmas Gift from Mrs McDonald and I if your child wasn't in school on Friday.  Children who were in school on Friday already took theirs home. (I am assuming that everyone has their own glue stick and crayons at home.  If you need either from school, please let me know and I will add them to your bag.)

I will record a little lesson for your child to watch and work along with me to complete.  I will send out a YouTube link with this lesson in an email once I am done recording and uploading it.   Your child can complete the lesson at any time.  Mrs Mc Donald and I will also be holding a live Zoom session for our little ones.  This will be an interactive session where we will play games, sing our Christmas Songs and have a little Show and Tell.  Please have your child bring something (FREE CHOICE) to our Zoom session to share with their friends.  Since this is going to be so new to them, we will just play things by ear.  I will send out the Zoom Link with the YouTube link in an email on Tuesday.   Let's plan on Wednesday, 12/22, at 10:00 to Zoom.  It should probably only last for about 30 minutes or so.  I don't think our little munchkins will last much longer than that.

I truly wish we could just be in person but unfortunately these are the times we are living in now.  Let's all continue to pray for an end to this pandemic.  

Thank you for your understanding and continued support,
Paula Dobres

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week of April 29, 2024

PreK-3 Group HUGS are the BEST!!! A Sneak Peek at Our Upcoming Week:   We will be finishing up Letter Ww and learning Letter Xx, focusing on...